Anna’s supporters block highway near Ralegan
Ahmednagar: Supporters of Anna Hazare on Saturday blocked the Pune-Ahmednagar Highway near Ralegan Siddhi, the Gandhian`s native village in Western Maharashtra.
The protesters poured onto the busy highway at around 10 am, disrupting traffic, in support of Hazare, whose fast in Delhi for a strong Lokpal Bill entered the 12th day On Saturday.
The agitation has been peaceful till now, district police chief Krishna Prakash said.
Shyam Asawa, local spokesperson of Hazare`s movement, said the agitators wanted to court arrest.
More than 75,000 people are on the streets today in 14 tehsils of the district to express solidarity with the 74-year-old social activist and his anti-corruption movement, Asawa, an advocate, claimed.
Students from schools and colleges in the district also joined the pro-Hazare agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry