Anonymous letter threatens to blow up Sai Baba temple, Thackeray`s house
Shirdi/Indore: Security at the famous Saibaba shrine here has been beefed up after the temple authorities received a letter threatening to trigger a blast on November 9 as also the Thakcerays` house in Mumbai, police said on Wednesday.
"The anonymous letter, written in Hindi, has also threatened to set off explosions on the same day at a local Shiv Sena office, Shiv Sena Bhawan at Dadar in Mumbai, the residence of Thackerays, `Matoshree`, the place of cremation of Bal Thackeray on Shivaji Park ground in Mumbai, besides famous Khajrana Ganesh temple in Indore," acting Executive Officer of Shirdi Trust Ajay More said.
The letter further said the blasts will be triggered to avenge the killing of one Khalil and his relative in Indore.
"The Shirdi Trush handed over the letter to us yesterday. We have formed two teams to investigate the matter and also increased security at the temple," said Ahmednagar SP Raosaheb Shinde.
Following the letter, the temple trust has imposed a ban on its employees carrying mobile phones in and around the temple, More said.
Meanwhile, security has also been stepped up at Khajrana Ganesh temple in Indore and the entry of devotees in the sanctum sanctorum is banned by the management there.
Senior SP Rakesh Gupta told a news agency in Indore that the measures were initiated in the wake of reports in the media that the Shirdi Trust has received the anonymous letter.
Khajrana Ganesh Temple administrator Manish Singh said a search was carried out in the temple premises by a sniffer dogs squad but no suspicious object was found.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference