Another fire in Mumbai, 80 shanties gutted
Mumbai: Over 70 shanties were gutted in a fire in suburban Malad on Saturday afternoon, the second such incident in the metropolis in as many days.
"About 70-80 shanties were gutted after a fire broke out in Kharigaon slum area in Malad (west) at around 4 pm," according to disaster management officials.
No casualties were reported.
Four water tankers and three fire engines were pressed into service to douse the inferno which was brought under control at around 6.30 pm, they said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known, the officials added.
Over 2,000 people were rendered homeless after a major fire broke out in a slum locality in suburban Bandra on Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site