Another fire in Mumbai, 80 shanties gutted
Mumbai: Over 70 shanties were gutted in a fire in suburban Malad on Saturday afternoon, the second such incident in the metropolis in as many days.
"About 70-80 shanties were gutted after a fire broke out in Kharigaon slum area in Malad (west) at around 4 pm," according to disaster management officials.
No casualties were reported.
Four water tankers and three fire engines were pressed into service to douse the inferno which was brought under control at around 6.30 pm, they said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known, the officials added.
Over 2,000 people were rendered homeless after a major fire broke out in a slum locality in suburban Bandra on Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees