Another fire in Mumbai, 80 shanties gutted
Mumbai: Over 70 shanties were gutted in a fire in suburban Malad on Saturday afternoon, the second such incident in the metropolis in as many days.
"About 70-80 shanties were gutted after a fire broke out in Kharigaon slum area in Malad (west) at around 4 pm," according to disaster management officials.
No casualties were reported.
Four water tankers and three fire engines were pressed into service to douse the inferno which was brought under control at around 6.30 pm, they said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known, the officials added.
Over 2,000 people were rendered homeless after a major fire broke out in a slum locality in suburban Bandra on Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?