Another fire in Mumbai, 80 shanties gutted
Mumbai: Over 70 shanties were gutted in a fire in suburban Malad on Saturday afternoon, the second such incident in the metropolis in as many days.
"About 70-80 shanties were gutted after a fire broke out in Kharigaon slum area in Malad (west) at around 4 pm," according to disaster management officials.
No casualties were reported.
Four water tankers and three fire engines were pressed into service to douse the inferno which was brought under control at around 6.30 pm, they said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known, the officials added.
Over 2,000 people were rendered homeless after a major fire broke out in a slum locality in suburban Bandra on Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir