Another incident of breach of security at Mumbai a
Mumbai: In a second incident of breach of security within four days, a cargo jet belonging to logistics firm UPS (United Parcel Service) was forced return after 45 minutes of take off from the city airport last night for lack of mandatory custom clearances for one consignment on board, according ATC officials.
The Boeing 744 had taken off from the city airport at 9.30 pm last night but the air traffic control (ATC) forced the plane to return and the flight landed at 10.15 pm.
"One of the consignments on board did not have the mandatory custom papers and upon inspection from the Customs, we ordered the plane to come back," the ATC official said on Sunday.
However, the ATC official did not divulge the detail about the destination of the aircraft.
On October 3, the two gates of the Mumbai International Airport were left unattended for over three hours following a tussle between CISF and customs authorities.
The tussle broke out over alleged delay in frisking of a customs official by CISF and checking of entry and exit passes of CISF officials and checking of CISF vehicles by the customs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27