Anti-terror squad begins probe into Maharashtra blast
Beed: The Maharashtra Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) is probing into a radio explosion in Koregaon village of Kaij tehsil of Beed district on Friday afternoon.
Four members of a family, including a minor boy, were seriously injured when the radio set exploded at their residence in Koregaon village.
Bus conductor AR Nimbalkar (35), his wife Usha (30), mother Kusum (53) and two-year-son old Kunal were seriously injured in the incident, police said.
Nimbalkar, who was on duty in Mumbai-Ambejogai bus on Friday, noticed a radio set abandoned in the bus when all the passengers got down. He took the radio home and while trying to replace its battery pack it exploded, police added.
According to them, the sound of the explosion could be heard as far as three kilometres away from the spot.
A team of the Maharashtra ATS is at the spot, reported NDTV.
The injured have been admitted to Swami Ramanand Teerth (SRT) hospital in the town, police said.
Dr Rakesh Jadhav, who is attending the injured at the hospital, said that eyes of the injured were severely damaged in the incident and they were operated upon immediately.
Maharashtra Home minister RR Patil has issued instructions to remain alert, senior police officers said.
The radio and the batteries have been seized for further investigation, they said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail