Appropriation Bill passed by voice vote in Maha Assembly
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
Friday passed the Appropriation Bill by voice vote.
The Opposition members who had sought a poll on the
bill did not press for a division of vote.
Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil allowed the Opposition to
voice their demands over the bill before it was put to vote.
The House had to be adjourned twice for 15 minutes
each after the Opposition charged Deputy Speaker Madhukar
Chavan of not heeding to their demand for a poll when the
supplementary demands were put to vote.
Finance Minister Sunil Tatkare had tabled the
Maharashtra (second supplementary) Appropriation Bill 2010
before the House was adjourned. The Appropriation Bill was
also passed in Legislative Council without any amendment.
Earlier, noisy scenes were witnessed during the
passage of the supplementary demands when the Opposition
accused Madhukar Chavan of ignoring their demand for a poll.
The guillotine, fixed at 4.30 pm, was extended to an
hour. At 5pm, Chavan announced that time of the House had been
extended till the entire business listed on the agenda was
After the Minister for Power and Water Resources Ajit
Pawar replied to the debate on supplementary demands, Rural
Development Minister Jayant Patil got up to reply to the
demands of his ministry.
But, the Deputy Speaker asked Jayant to sit down as it
was time for guillotine. The supplementary demands were passed by a voice vote.
The entire Opposition was on its feet and trooped into
the well shouting slogans.
Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse said senior PWP
leader Ganpatrao Deshmukh had asked for a poll but the chair
had refused to acknowledge it. He said the entire Opposition
was on its feet supporting Deshmukh`s demand, but the Deputy
Speaker did not heed to him.
Deshmukh also charged Principal Secretary
(Legislature) Anant Kalse of not advising the chair correctly.
He charged that Chavan and Kalse had insulted the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'