Arguments on framing of charges in 2002-03 Mumbai blasts to start
Mumbai: About twelve years after multiple blasts rocked the city between December 2002 and March 2003, the prosecution is likely to make the opening arguments in the court on framing of charges.
Saquib Nachan, an alleged key member of Students Islamic Movement of India, is the prime accused in the case.
"I will open the arguments in the case tomorrow on the issue of framing charges," special public prosecutor Rohini Salian said.
In a combined chargesheet filed against 16 accused in the Mulund, Vile Parle and Mumbai Central blast cases, police have charged them with offences under POTA, the Explosive Substances Act and for `preparation to wage war against the nation` and criminal conspiracy under the Indian Penal Code.
The Mulund blast occurred on March 13, 2003, killing 12 persons and injuring 71. Earlier, on December 6, 2002 several persons were injured in the blast at McDonald`s at Mumbai Central station, while a person died when a bomb attached to a cycle exploded in a market area in Vile Parle (East) on January 27, 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened