Armed dacoits loot electronic goods in Maharashtra
Thane: A group of ten armed dacoits looted a tempo carrying electronic goods worth nearly Rs 8 lakhs on the Bombay-Agra Highway, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place in the wee hours yesterday within Padgha police station limits near Koshimbe village on NH-3 when the vehicle was on its way from Bhiwandi to Nashik for delivery, Dy SP S M Ghatge said.
The dacoits, armed with lethal weapons, pulled out the driver and cleaner and tied them up on the roadside and looted the tempo carrying costly items including TV, Fridge, LED, LCD and washing machines.
The total booty was valued at Rs 7.82 lakhs, police said.
Later, the tempo was abandoned.
The Padgha police have registered an offence under sections 395, 341 and 342 of the IPC on a complaint by driver Balu Gulve, police said adding a manhunt is on for the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre