Armed duo arrested near Mumbai`s Taj Hotel
Mumbai: Only a day after Mumbai Police announced plans to beef up security near the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower hotel in the elite Colaba area of south Mumbai, two armed men were arrested from Kalaghoda, only a kilometre away from the hotel, a police official said on Thursday.
"We were tipped-off about these two men loitering in the area with an intention of robbery. We immediately formed teams and apprehended them at the spot," an official from Colaba Police Station said.
"On frisking the duo, later identified as Iqbal Shaikh (40) and Mohammad Shaikh (23), we seized a country-made revolver, two live rounds and a knife from them," he added.
The two, currently in police custody, will be produced before the magistrate`s court at the earliest opportunity and remand will be sought, the official said.
"Our line of investigation will be to track if they had committed any offences in the past and what shop or establishment they had planned to strike," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant