Armed forces participation to add colour to R-Day parade
Mumbai: Army vehicles with Bofors gun, Naval band and display of Pechora missile by the Air Force will be the highlights of this year`s Republic Day parade at Marine Drive here, Minister for Protocol Suresh Shetty said on Tuesday.
The Maharashtra government is holding the parade at Marine Drive for the first time instead of traditional venue of Shivaji Park.
Unlike previous years, the parade will not have the speech by the Governor. "He will hoist the flag, following which the parade will begin. He will address people through TV on Republic Day eve," the minister said.
There is likely to be a fly past by IAF aircraft but owing to certain technicalities the final decision is awaited, he said.
There will be coast guard and CISF marching contingents as part of the parade, the minister said.
Deaf and dumb school children from Sangli will also be part of the parade, he added.
Owing to the large crowd expected to throng the venue, police have made elaborate traffic management in parts of south Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack