Armed forces participation to add colour to R-Day parade
Mumbai: Army vehicles with Bofors gun, Naval band and display of Pechora missile by the Air Force will be the highlights of this year`s Republic Day parade at Marine Drive here, Minister for Protocol Suresh Shetty said on Tuesday.
The Maharashtra government is holding the parade at Marine Drive for the first time instead of traditional venue of Shivaji Park.
Unlike previous years, the parade will not have the speech by the Governor. "He will hoist the flag, following which the parade will begin. He will address people through TV on Republic Day eve," the minister said.
There is likely to be a fly past by IAF aircraft but owing to certain technicalities the final decision is awaited, he said.
There will be coast guard and CISF marching contingents as part of the parade, the minister said.
Deaf and dumb school children from Sangli will also be part of the parade, he added.
Owing to the large crowd expected to throng the venue, police have made elaborate traffic management in parts of south Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH