Armed men fire at toll plaza employees near Pune
Pune: A group of four unidentified men opened fire at the employees on Khed-Shivapur toll plaza on Mumbai-Bangalore National Highway injuring one person in the incident.
The firing incident took place late on Tuesday night.
According to police, four men who came in a Maruti Swift car got embroiled in a scuffle with employees there over the payment of toll tax.
After the heated argument, the employees allowed the car to pass the toll plaza, however, one of the men alighted from the car and fired at the staff members.
The firing left one of the employees seriously injured. The employees present there immediately rushed to help 25-year-old Suresh Balu Khomane who was hit by the bullet in the chest.
Despite his injury, Khomane - along with another colleague - chased the car on a motorbike. When Khomane’s colleague realised that the former has been injured, he rushed him to a private hospital.
Khomane’s condition is said to be stable.
With the help of the CCTV footage, the local police have managed to track the registration number of the car.
They have also identified the owner of the car and are trying to locate him.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman