Army jawans allegedly assault policemen in Pune
Pune: Tension prevailed in a central area of
the city this evening as a group of Army jawans clashed with
police following an altercation over traffic violation.
According to the police, the trouble started when a jawan
attached to the College of Military Engineering (CME), riding
a motorbike, was stopped by a traffic constable at Sambhaji
Bridge for running into no-entry.
The jawan then returned with his friends and assaulted
the policemen at the nearby outpost, police said.
The jawans, who were in civil clothes, also broke
cameras of mediapersons who had rushed to the spot.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Sanjay Jadhav said the
CME jawans abused and assaulted police constables.
He said the situation was now under control and action
was being taken against the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years