Army jawans allegedly assault policemen in Pune
Pune: Tension prevailed in a central area of
the city this evening as a group of Army jawans clashed with
police following an altercation over traffic violation.
According to the police, the trouble started when a jawan
attached to the College of Military Engineering (CME), riding
a motorbike, was stopped by a traffic constable at Sambhaji
Bridge for running into no-entry.
The jawan then returned with his friends and assaulted
the policemen at the nearby outpost, police said.
The jawans, who were in civil clothes, also broke
cameras of mediapersons who had rushed to the spot.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Sanjay Jadhav said the
CME jawans abused and assaulted police constables.
He said the situation was now under control and action
was being taken against the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP