Army jawans allegedly assault policemen in Pune
Pune: Tension prevailed in a central area of
the city this evening as a group of Army jawans clashed with
police following an altercation over traffic violation.
According to the police, the trouble started when a jawan
attached to the College of Military Engineering (CME), riding
a motorbike, was stopped by a traffic constable at Sambhaji
Bridge for running into no-entry.
The jawan then returned with his friends and assaulted
the policemen at the nearby outpost, police said.
The jawans, who were in civil clothes, also broke
cameras of mediapersons who had rushed to the spot.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Sanjay Jadhav said the
CME jawans abused and assaulted police constables.
He said the situation was now under control and action
was being taken against the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer