Army jawans allegedly assault policemen in Pune
Pune: Tension prevailed in a central area of
the city this evening as a group of Army jawans clashed with
police following an altercation over traffic violation.
According to the police, the trouble started when a jawan
attached to the College of Military Engineering (CME), riding
a motorbike, was stopped by a traffic constable at Sambhaji
Bridge for running into no-entry.
The jawan then returned with his friends and assaulted
the policemen at the nearby outpost, police said.
The jawans, who were in civil clothes, also broke
cameras of mediapersons who had rushed to the spot.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Sanjay Jadhav said the
CME jawans abused and assaulted police constables.
He said the situation was now under control and action
was being taken against the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players