Arrested MLA getting five-star treatment: Anna
Ahmednagar: Anna Hazare has alleged that MLA Suresh Jain, who was arrested in connection with the Jalgaon Housing scam, was getting "five-star" treatment and demanded an inquiry against jail authorities.
Hazare wrote a letter to this effect to Additional Commissioner of Police Meera Borwankar, before leaving for Odisha tour on Wednesday, Anna`s close aide advocate Shyam Asawa said here today.
Hazare said in the letter that Jain was denied bail by the High Court. After being arrested on March 12, 2012, Jain has been trying to spend maximum time in hospitals and not in prison.
Jain was brought to Arthur Road jail in Mumbai on November 03, but was immediately admitted to Saint George Hospital where he is getting five-star treatment. Some jail authorities are managing these comforts for Jain, Hazare alleged in the letter and demanded an inquiry against them.
Asawa said the Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan, of which he is a trustee, will seek legal action against the special treatment being provided to the accused.
Jain, who was a minister for housing during the Shiv Sena-BJP rule in the 1990s, had been arrested for allegedly favouring a builder and indulging in irregularities to the tune of Rs 29 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city