Art of Living’s historic musical symphony in Pune
Pune: Art of Living hosted a historic symphony - Antarnaad - in Pune on Tuesday, bringing over 2750 Indian classical vocalists together on one platform, to write a new chapter in the history of music.
Conceived by His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, spiritual and humanitarian leader and Founder, Art of Living, the aim of Antarnaad was to showcase the vast repertoire of Hindustani classical music as well as to provide a platform for the exponents of this ancient Indian art.
Stating that classical music and spirituality are among the most definitive and unique offerings India can make to the world, Sri Sri said, “Spirituality and music together can uplift people, get them out of depression and help them start a new life with enthusiasm. For a stress-free life, you have to embrace both these facets (spirituality and music).”
Musicians from across the country, celebrity singers like Shankar Mahadevan and renowned names like Pt Rajan & Sajan Misra were also part of this event. Shankar Mahadevan said, “These days, we hear that Hindustani Classical music is on a decline. But looking at this crowd, would you believe this?”
Dy CM of Maharashtra, Chaggan Bhujbal said, “It is a matter of pride for Maharashtra to have this symphony in the cradle of Hindustani classical music. When these people sing together, it sounds like a plaintive plea for peace and non-violence.”
Singing exquisite compositions, based on ancient ragas in the Gandharva Veda, namely, Shree, Purya Dhanashree, Des, Basant Bahar, Chandrakaus, Shankara, Kalavati, Janasammohini and Bhoop, the singers enthralled a live audience of over 2 lakh people.
Present at the event, were numerous dignatories, politicians, celebrities, businessmen and corporate heads including Chaggan Bhujbal, Gopinath Munde, Narayan Rane, R R Patil, among others.
Antarnaad is the grandest in the Art of Living tradition of showcasing ancient Indian arts on one platform. The Art of Living had earlier entered the Guinness Book of World Records with 1200 Mohiniattam dancers performing together on one stage in Kerala in 2006 and for its historic sitar concert titled Brahmnaad in New Delhi in Nov 2008, which brought together over 1000 sitar exponents, in aid of the Bihar Relief and rehabilitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India