Arup Patnaik admitted to Jaslok Hospital
Mumbai: Former Mumbai police commissioner Arup Patnaik was on Wednesday admitted to Jaslok Hospital after he complained of chest pain.
"Patnaik was admitted after he complained about chest pain and doctors are attending to him," police sources said.
Patnaik had to vacate his post last week after he was promoted to Director-General rank and is now heading the Maharashtra State Security Corporation, while Satyapal Singh has been appointed as the new Mumbai police commissioner.
Sources said Patnaik is likely to be discharged after two or three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter