Arup Patnaik admitted to Jaslok Hospital
Mumbai: Former Mumbai police commissioner Arup Patnaik was on Wednesday admitted to Jaslok Hospital after he complained of chest pain.
"Patnaik was admitted after he complained about chest pain and doctors are attending to him," police sources said.
Patnaik had to vacate his post last week after he was promoted to Director-General rank and is now heading the Maharashtra State Security Corporation, while Satyapal Singh has been appointed as the new Mumbai police commissioner.
Sources said Patnaik is likely to be discharged after two or three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor