Arvind Kejriwal dines with donors for fund raising
Nagpur: Despite his poor health, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor Arvind Kejriwal arrived in the city here on Thursday, to oblige party donors for a dinner with him in a posh hotel in Sadar.
Kejriwal who postponed his arrival due to ill health, arrived by a service flight in the evening and drove to Wadada village on Bhandara road to talk to villagers who have been affected due to untimely rains and hailstorms.
Earlier, AAP had cancelled his Chandrapur tour today morning, because of his poor health.
The party has organised a dinner for those donating more than Rs 10,000 each, as part of a fund raising programme.
He also went to Bhandara where he addressed a public meeting in support of AAP candidate Prashant Mishra, a US-returned infotech professional who is pitted against Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) heavyweight and Union Minister for Heavy Industries Praful Patel.
The AAP leader is scheduled to lead a roadshow in all six assembly constituencies in Nagpur Lok Sabha area tomorrow morning.
He is also expected to address a public meeting at the sprawling Kasturchand Park grounds in Nagpur city.
Permission for the public meeting has been granted, after it was cancelled earlier, AAP`s Girish Nandgaonkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read