Ashok Chavan`s photo-op with the Obamas
Mumbai: On Saturday, Ashok Chavan was the first to shake hands with the Obamas at Mumbai airport and presented them with a coffee table book on Maharashtra, and Sunday as he saw them off, the chief minister requested that the US first couple pose for a photo-op with him.
As Barack Obama and his wife Michelle proceeded to board US Air Force One to fly to New Delhi, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan shook hands with the US president and requested him and the US First Lady to pose for a photograph with him at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Sunday afternoon.
Chavan smiled as he stood between the couple, even as Obama waved at the photographers. The US first couple then walked up the steps of the aircraft.
The chief minister had gifted a coffee table book on Maharashtra to the US president when he touched down in Mumbai Saturday.
The Obamas have a hectic two days in New Delhi after which they leave for Indonesia Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!