Ashok Chavan`s photo-op with the Obamas
Mumbai: On Saturday, Ashok Chavan was the first to shake hands with the Obamas at Mumbai airport and presented them with a coffee table book on Maharashtra, and Sunday as he saw them off, the chief minister requested that the US first couple pose for a photo-op with him.
As Barack Obama and his wife Michelle proceeded to board US Air Force One to fly to New Delhi, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan shook hands with the US president and requested him and the US First Lady to pose for a photograph with him at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Sunday afternoon.
Chavan smiled as he stood between the couple, even as Obama waved at the photographers. The US first couple then walked up the steps of the aircraft.
The chief minister had gifted a coffee table book on Maharashtra to the US president when he touched down in Mumbai Saturday.
The Obamas have a hectic two days in New Delhi after which they leave for Indonesia Tuesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'