Ashok Chavan`s photo-op with the Obamas
Mumbai: On Saturday, Ashok Chavan was the first to shake hands with the Obamas at Mumbai airport and presented them with a coffee table book on Maharashtra, and Sunday as he saw them off, the chief minister requested that the US first couple pose for a photo-op with him.
As Barack Obama and his wife Michelle proceeded to board US Air Force One to fly to New Delhi, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan shook hands with the US president and requested him and the US First Lady to pose for a photograph with him at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Sunday afternoon.
Chavan smiled as he stood between the couple, even as Obama waved at the photographers. The US first couple then walked up the steps of the aircraft.
The chief minister had gifted a coffee table book on Maharashtra to the US president when he touched down in Mumbai Saturday.
The Obamas have a hectic two days in New Delhi after which they leave for Indonesia Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi