Ashok Chavan`s photo-op with the Obamas
Mumbai: On Saturday, Ashok Chavan was the first to shake hands with the Obamas at Mumbai airport and presented them with a coffee table book on Maharashtra, and Sunday as he saw them off, the chief minister requested that the US first couple pose for a photo-op with him.
As Barack Obama and his wife Michelle proceeded to board US Air Force One to fly to New Delhi, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan shook hands with the US president and requested him and the US First Lady to pose for a photograph with him at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Sunday afternoon.
Chavan smiled as he stood between the couple, even as Obama waved at the photographers. The US first couple then walked up the steps of the aircraft.
The chief minister had gifted a coffee table book on Maharashtra to the US president when he touched down in Mumbai Saturday.
The Obamas have a hectic two days in New Delhi after which they leave for Indonesia Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'