Ashram workers booked for rape bid
Meerut: Police have registered a case against nine workers of an ashram here for allegedly assaulting and attempting to rape a college student.
Based on the BCA student`s complaint, nine workers including the in-charge of the ashram have been booked, police said today.
On November 3, feeling ill, the Bijnor girl, who was staying with her relative in Kanker Kera area for her studies, had gone to Parmadham ashram on Rudki Road to attend the sermon of Swami Chandramohan, police said.
Three female workers of the ashram asked her to serve the Swami for four days and locked her inside a room, according to the complaint.
Later five workers came to the room and tried to misbehave with her. When she resisted their attempts, they assaulted her and tried to rape her.
Hearing a commotion, three other followers came and rescued her from the workers.
Daurala Inspector Devenra Kumar said upon examination, no sign of assault or rape could be confirmed, adding that circle officer would be investigating the case. No arrest has been made in the case yet, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest