Ashram workers booked for rape bid
Meerut: Police have registered a case against nine workers of an ashram here for allegedly assaulting and attempting to rape a college student.
Based on the BCA student`s complaint, nine workers including the in-charge of the ashram have been booked, police said today.
On November 3, feeling ill, the Bijnor girl, who was staying with her relative in Kanker Kera area for her studies, had gone to Parmadham ashram on Rudki Road to attend the sermon of Swami Chandramohan, police said.
Three female workers of the ashram asked her to serve the Swami for four days and locked her inside a room, according to the complaint.
Later five workers came to the room and tried to misbehave with her. When she resisted their attempts, they assaulted her and tried to rape her.
Hearing a commotion, three other followers came and rescued her from the workers.
Daurala Inspector Devenra Kumar said upon examination, no sign of assault or rape could be confirmed, adding that circle officer would be investigating the case. No arrest has been made in the case yet, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!