Assembly admits breach of privilege motion against
Nagpur: Maharashtra Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse Patil on Tuesday admitted a breach of privilege motion against Solapur district Superintendent of Police (SP) Rajesh Pradhan for allegedly misbehaving with a member of the House.
The Speaker has referred the episode to the Privilege Committee for necessary action.
While moving the motion in the Assembly, Vallabha Benke of NCP informed that during the visit of state Home Minister RR Patil to Pandharpur on November 23, the district police chief not only stopped him (Benke) from entering the enclosure meant to receive Patil in his constituency, but also misbehaved with him.
Members across the party lines criticised the rude behaviour of Pradhan and demanded strict action against him.
Kaka Patil of Congress, and Nana Patole, Davendra Phadanvis and Sudhir Mungattiwar (all from BJP) expressed concern over the arrogance of the police official.
While admitting the breach of privilege motion against Pradhan, the Speaker announced that the House will not tolerate any insult to its members and said he was referring it to the Privilege Committee for necessary action
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP