Assembly admits breach of privilege motion against
Nagpur: Maharashtra Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse Patil on Tuesday admitted a breach of privilege motion against Solapur district Superintendent of Police (SP) Rajesh Pradhan for allegedly misbehaving with a member of the House.
The Speaker has referred the episode to the Privilege Committee for necessary action.
While moving the motion in the Assembly, Vallabha Benke of NCP informed that during the visit of state Home Minister RR Patil to Pandharpur on November 23, the district police chief not only stopped him (Benke) from entering the enclosure meant to receive Patil in his constituency, but also misbehaved with him.
Members across the party lines criticised the rude behaviour of Pradhan and demanded strict action against him.
Kaka Patil of Congress, and Nana Patole, Davendra Phadanvis and Sudhir Mungattiwar (all from BJP) expressed concern over the arrogance of the police official.
While admitting the breach of privilege motion against Pradhan, the Speaker announced that the House will not tolerate any insult to its members and said he was referring it to the Privilege Committee for necessary action
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader