Assembly admits breach of privilege motion against
Nagpur: Maharashtra Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse Patil on Tuesday admitted a breach of privilege motion against Solapur district Superintendent of Police (SP) Rajesh Pradhan for allegedly misbehaving with a member of the House.
The Speaker has referred the episode to the Privilege Committee for necessary action.
While moving the motion in the Assembly, Vallabha Benke of NCP informed that during the visit of state Home Minister RR Patil to Pandharpur on November 23, the district police chief not only stopped him (Benke) from entering the enclosure meant to receive Patil in his constituency, but also misbehaved with him.
Members across the party lines criticised the rude behaviour of Pradhan and demanded strict action against him.
Kaka Patil of Congress, and Nana Patole, Davendra Phadanvis and Sudhir Mungattiwar (all from BJP) expressed concern over the arrogance of the police official.
While admitting the breach of privilege motion against Pradhan, the Speaker announced that the House will not tolerate any insult to its members and said he was referring it to the Privilege Committee for necessary action
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog