Assets case: Dy collector sent to police custody
Alibag (Maha): Suspended Raigad Deputy
Collector, Nitish Thakur, whose assets are allegedly worth
over Rs 118 crore, was on Thursday remanded to police custody till
March 22 by a local magistrate.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) yesterday claimed to
have unearthed assets worth over Rs 118 crore, belonging to
Thakur and his family.
Raids on 26 premises owned by him or his relatives were
still underway, ACB said.
The 36-year-old official was posted as Deputy Collector
here from 1988-2010, and was suspended following charges of
corruption two years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000