Assets case: Dy collector sent to police custody
Alibag (Maha): Suspended Raigad Deputy
Collector, Nitish Thakur, whose assets are allegedly worth
over Rs 118 crore, was on Thursday remanded to police custody till
March 22 by a local magistrate.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) yesterday claimed to
have unearthed assets worth over Rs 118 crore, belonging to
Thakur and his family.
Raids on 26 premises owned by him or his relatives were
still underway, ACB said.
The 36-year-old official was posted as Deputy Collector
here from 1988-2010, and was suspended following charges of
corruption two years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan