Assets case: Dy collector sent to police custody
Alibag (Maha): Suspended Raigad Deputy
Collector, Nitish Thakur, whose assets are allegedly worth
over Rs 118 crore, was on Thursday remanded to police custody till
March 22 by a local magistrate.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) yesterday claimed to
have unearthed assets worth over Rs 118 crore, belonging to
Thakur and his family.
Raids on 26 premises owned by him or his relatives were
still underway, ACB said.
The 36-year-old official was posted as Deputy Collector
here from 1988-2010, and was suspended following charges of
corruption two years ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav