At 47.6, Chandrapur hottest city in Vidarbha
Nagpur: Chandrapur recorded the maximum temperature of 47.6 degree Celsius, becoming the hottest city in Vidarbha region on Sunday, officials said.
According to the Regional Meteorological Office here, Chandrapur was followed by Amravati with 44.8 degree Celsius and Akola with 44.5 degree Celsius.
With mercury levels rising in the region, Nagpur city, the second capital of Maharashtra, recorded temperature of 44.4 degree Celsius.
Other cities in Vidarbha record temperatures above 40 degrees were Bramhapuri in Chandrapur district (44.2), Wardha (43.2), Yavatmal (42.2), Washim (42) and Gondia (41.1).
Vidarbha region has been experiencing extreme heat conditions for the past two days after last week`s rain and thunderstorm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'