Athawale urges Bhujbal to join mega-alliance
Mumbai: RPI leader Ramdas Athawale Monday urged the Maharashtra PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal to join the `Shiv Shakti-Bhim Shakti` mega-alliance of Shiv Sena-BJP and RPI.
"Bhujbal should join the mega-alliance so as to create a strong political front. Congress and NCP have used the Dalit community only for the sake of politics. They have not been given respectable positions in the government," Athawale said here.
Yesterday, Bhujbal had said in Nashik that he was being targeted and charges of corruption were being levelled against him as he hailed from the OBC community.
Politicians from backward community were presently being cornered, Athawale said, adding, "Leaders from the Dalit community are not taken into consideration in any decision making process."
"We have joined hands with Shiv Sena-BJP to teach Congress-NCP a lesson. Bhujbal should also join our mega-alliance," Athawale, stressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note