Athawale urges Bhujbal to join mega-alliance
Mumbai: RPI leader Ramdas Athawale Monday urged the Maharashtra PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal to join the `Shiv Shakti-Bhim Shakti` mega-alliance of Shiv Sena-BJP and RPI.
"Bhujbal should join the mega-alliance so as to create a strong political front. Congress and NCP have used the Dalit community only for the sake of politics. They have not been given respectable positions in the government," Athawale said here.
Yesterday, Bhujbal had said in Nashik that he was being targeted and charges of corruption were being levelled against him as he hailed from the OBC community.
Politicians from backward community were presently being cornered, Athawale said, adding, "Leaders from the Dalit community are not taken into consideration in any decision making process."
"We have joined hands with Shiv Sena-BJP to teach Congress-NCP a lesson. Bhujbal should also join our mega-alliance," Athawale, stressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference