Athawale would become Deputy CM if Sena-BJP-RPI came to power: BJP
Mumbai: BJP on Friday said that RPI chief Ramdas Athawale would be made the Deputy Chief Minister if the Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI alliance came to power in Maharashtra.
Addressing a public meeting at Shivaji Park, Leader of the Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council and BJP leader Vinod Tawde said, "We will not betray Athawale`s trust in us. If the Shiv Sena-BJP and RPI alliance comes to power in Maharashtra, we will give him Deputy Chief Minister`s post."
He also said that Athawale, who is eyeing a Rajya Sabha seat, could be given nomination from Bihar or Madhya Pradesh, if it was not possible to allot nomination to him from Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city