Athawale would become Deputy CM if Sena-BJP-RPI came to power: BJP
Mumbai: BJP on Friday said that RPI chief Ramdas Athawale would be made the Deputy Chief Minister if the Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI alliance came to power in Maharashtra.
Addressing a public meeting at Shivaji Park, Leader of the Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council and BJP leader Vinod Tawde said, "We will not betray Athawale`s trust in us. If the Shiv Sena-BJP and RPI alliance comes to power in Maharashtra, we will give him Deputy Chief Minister`s post."
He also said that Athawale, who is eyeing a Rajya Sabha seat, could be given nomination from Bihar or Madhya Pradesh, if it was not possible to allot nomination to him from Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown