ATS files chargesheet against one more blast accused
Mumbai: The Maharashtra ATS on Tuesday filed a supplementary chargesheet against an accused arrested in connection with the triple bomb blast case that shook the city on July 13 last year killing 27 people.
"We have filed a chargesheet against Mohammed Qafeel Ansari(55) who was arrested later in the case", said a senior ATS official.
He said that the chargesheet runs into around 250 pages and the ATS have also filed some additional documents related to the case.
Ansari, hailing from Darbanga in Bihar, was arrested in Mumbai blasts case on May 19, taking the total number of arrests to five.
Ansari was allegedly involved in aiding and abetting the blasts and had also provided logistical support in executing the crime.
The ATS had filed the first chargesheet in the case on May 25 against members of Indian Mujahideen of whom four were arrested, namely, Naquee Ahmed, Nadeem Shaikh, Kanwar Pathrija and Haroon Naik.
The chargesheet was filed under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA), IPC, Explosives Act, Explosives Substances Act, Prevention of Damage to Public Properties Act and Unlawful Prevention of Activities Act.
Among the accused who are still wanted are Riyaz Bhatkal, Yasin Bhatkal - top operatives of the home grown terror outfit, Waqas Ibrahim Sad, Danish alias Tarbez, Dubai based Muzaffar Kolah and Tehseen Akhtar Shaikh.
ATS had said that Bhatkal, Waqas and Tarbez had rented a third floor flat in Byculla`s Habib building where they allegedly assembled explosives before triggering blasts at Dadar, Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House on the evening of July 13, leaving 27 dead and 127 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH