ATS files chargesheet against two for plotting terror strikes
Mumbai: Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad
today filed a charge sheet against two persons for allegedly
plotting terror strikes on ONGC headquarters and two malls
On March 13, the ATS had arrested Abdul Latif alias Guddu
(29) and Riyaz Ali (23) from Matunga railway station in
According to the investigating agency, the duo had
conducted recce of ONGC headquarters, Thakkar Mall in suburban
Mumbai and Mangaldas market in south Mumbai to carry out
The duo used to allegedly receive instructions from a
person in Karachi, whom they referred to as `Uncle`.
The `Uncle` is suspected to be Bashir Khan, an aide of
Tiger Memon, who is closely associated with fugitive Dawood
Ibrahim and is one of the prime accused in the 1993 serial
Along with the statements of three men who were asked to
prepare passports for the duo to go to Pakistan via Dubai, the
police have also put together testimony of several witnesses
in the charge sheet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons