ATS gets custody of terrorist duo to probe about `uncle`
Mumbai: A local court today extended till
March 24 the police custody of two terror suspects arrested
for allegedly planning attacks in the metropolis after the ATS
submitted they wanted to find out identity of a person called
`uncle` who was instructing them from Pakistan.
Abdul Latif Rasid alias Guddu (29) and Riyaz Ali Imtiaz
alias Rehan (23), residents of suburban Bandra and Dahisar
respectively, were arrested by Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism
Squad (ATS) on Saturday.
They were in police custody till today and were produced
before the Mazgaon court. The ATS, while seeking their further
custody, told the court they wanted to interrogate the duo
again to ascertain identity of a person called `uncle` who was
giving them instructions from Pakistan.
The duo, who were not represented by any lawyer, replied
in the negative when asked by Magistrate B S Chavan if they
had any complaints against the police.
According to ATS, the two accused had conducted recce of
three targets - headquarters of public sector petroleum
company ONGC, Thakkar Mall in suburban Mumbai and Mangaldas
Market in south Mumbai.
The duo were allegedly in regular touch with a person
addressed as `Uncle` who the ATS suspect is Bashir Khan, a
close aide of underworld fugitive Tiger Memon and Dawood
Ibrahim and an absconding accused in the 1993 serial bomb
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them