ATS gets custody of terrorist duo to probe about `uncle`
Mumbai: A local court today extended till
March 24 the police custody of two terror suspects arrested
for allegedly planning attacks in the metropolis after the ATS
submitted they wanted to find out identity of a person called
`uncle` who was instructing them from Pakistan.
Abdul Latif Rasid alias Guddu (29) and Riyaz Ali Imtiaz
alias Rehan (23), residents of suburban Bandra and Dahisar
respectively, were arrested by Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism
Squad (ATS) on Saturday.
They were in police custody till today and were produced
before the Mazgaon court. The ATS, while seeking their further
custody, told the court they wanted to interrogate the duo
again to ascertain identity of a person called `uncle` who was
giving them instructions from Pakistan.
The duo, who were not represented by any lawyer, replied
in the negative when asked by Magistrate B S Chavan if they
had any complaints against the police.
According to ATS, the two accused had conducted recce of
three targets - headquarters of public sector petroleum
company ONGC, Thakkar Mall in suburban Mumbai and Mangaldas
Market in south Mumbai.
The duo were allegedly in regular touch with a person
addressed as `Uncle` who the ATS suspect is Bashir Khan, a
close aide of underworld fugitive Tiger Memon and Dawood
Ibrahim and an absconding accused in the 1993 serial bomb
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’