ATS gets leads in Pune blast case
Mumbai: Maharashtra ATS on Tuesday claimed to have got some leads in the Pune blast case with CCTV footage showing two persons on a motorcycle moving suspiciously in the area around the time of the explosions.
"The CCTV footage has captured two persons on a motorcycle moving suspiciously in the area. Though some CCTVs there were non-functional at that time, some others were functional and those have captured their movement. The CCTV footages will play a key role in the investigation," an ATS official said.
"We have got a definite direction to probe and some good leads," the official said, adding that the police were making enquiries with local motorcycle repairers at various garages.
Four low intensity explosions took place between 7.37 pm and 8.15 pm on August 1 in the heart of Pune on Junglee Maharaj Road.
The National Investigation Agency, Maharashtra Anti- Terrorism Squad (ATS) and Pune crime branch have been simultaneously conducting probe into the blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE:CM Fadnavis thanks people of Maharashtra for 'huge' victory as BJP clinches 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway