ATS guns down Ahmedabad terror blast suspect
Aurangabad/Mumbai: A suspect in the 2008 Ahmedabad blasts was killed and two of his accomplices arrested in an encounter with Maharashtra ATS on Monday which also left a constable wounded at Aurangabad.
The deceased has been identified as Khaleel, a resident of Gulmohar Colony in Ahmedabad, police said.
The encounter occurred near Uddhav Rao Patil Chowk in Himayat Bagh area of the town around 12.30 pm, sources said, adding two accomplices of Khaleel identified as Mohammed Shabbir and Abrar, were arrested in an injured condition after the encounter in which an ATS constable Sheikh Arif was also wounded.
All three have been admitted to the Government Medical College and Hospital at Aurangabad, the sources said.
One of the two arrested was also involved in the murder of a BJP activist, they said.
Ahmedabad was rocked by 21 bomb blasts in July 2008 within a span of 70 minutes in which 56 people were killed and over 200 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India gets top rating for prudent financial market norms
- RBI to remain open to facilitate transactions on July 1
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani