ATS guns down Ahmedabad terror blast suspect
Aurangabad/Mumbai: A suspect in the 2008 Ahmedabad blasts was killed and two of his accomplices arrested in an encounter with Maharashtra ATS on Monday which also left a constable wounded at Aurangabad.
The deceased has been identified as Khaleel, a resident of Gulmohar Colony in Ahmedabad, police said.
The encounter occurred near Uddhav Rao Patil Chowk in Himayat Bagh area of the town around 12.30 pm, sources said, adding two accomplices of Khaleel identified as Mohammed Shabbir and Abrar, were arrested in an injured condition after the encounter in which an ATS constable Sheikh Arif was also wounded.
All three have been admitted to the Government Medical College and Hospital at Aurangabad, the sources said.
One of the two arrested was also involved in the murder of a BJP activist, they said.
Ahmedabad was rocked by 21 bomb blasts in July 2008 within a span of 70 minutes in which 56 people were killed and over 200 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says