ATS guns down Ahmedabad terror blast suspect
Aurangabad/Mumbai: A suspect in the 2008 Ahmedabad blasts was killed and two of his accomplices arrested in an encounter with Maharashtra ATS on Monday which also left a constable wounded at Aurangabad.
The deceased has been identified as Khaleel, a resident of Gulmohar Colony in Ahmedabad, police said.
The encounter occurred near Uddhav Rao Patil Chowk in Himayat Bagh area of the town around 12.30 pm, sources said, adding two accomplices of Khaleel identified as Mohammed Shabbir and Abrar, were arrested in an injured condition after the encounter in which an ATS constable Sheikh Arif was also wounded.
All three have been admitted to the Government Medical College and Hospital at Aurangabad, the sources said.
One of the two arrested was also involved in the murder of a BJP activist, they said.
Ahmedabad was rocked by 21 bomb blasts in July 2008 within a span of 70 minutes in which 56 people were killed and over 200 injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai