ATS guns down Ahmedabad terror blast suspect
Aurangabad/Mumbai: A suspect in the 2008 Ahmedabad blasts was killed and two of his accomplices arrested in an encounter with Maharashtra ATS on Monday which also left a constable wounded at Aurangabad.
The deceased has been identified as Khaleel, a resident of Gulmohar Colony in Ahmedabad, police said.
The encounter occurred near Uddhav Rao Patil Chowk in Himayat Bagh area of the town around 12.30 pm, sources said, adding two accomplices of Khaleel identified as Mohammed Shabbir and Abrar, were arrested in an injured condition after the encounter in which an ATS constable Sheikh Arif was also wounded.
All three have been admitted to the Government Medical College and Hospital at Aurangabad, the sources said.
One of the two arrested was also involved in the murder of a BJP activist, they said.
Ahmedabad was rocked by 21 bomb blasts in July 2008 within a span of 70 minutes in which 56 people were killed and over 200 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Lindsay told me she's pregnant: Father
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump for 'selling fear'; endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency
- India vs West Indies, 2nd Test: Virat Kohli and co get into Jamaican groove with heavy work-out
- Air India passengers to have hassle-free travel; 2 check-in counters opened at Delhi Metro station
- Abu Jundal convicted in 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case; court accepts there was a conspiracy to eliminate Modi, Togadia