ATS records statement of 13/7 accused`s brother
Mumbai: Maharashtra ATS on Wednesday recorded the
statement of Taquee Ahmad, brother of Naquee who was arrested
and accused in the July 13 serial blasts case, for the second
Taquee appeared before the investigating officer of the
blasts case at the ATS`s South Mumbai office as he was asked
by the ATS to record his statement in second case related to
the serial blasts in 13/7.
The Supreme Court, while barring the ATS from arresting
him, had asked Taquee to join the probe. The apex court has,
however, granted Taquee relief from arrest until it heard a
petition filed by him accusing the anti-terror force of
fabricating the case and seeking CBI probe.
During the questioning, the ATS officials asked about the
funding of their luggage shop in Jamia Nagar in New Delhi and
who all had participated in the opening ceremony. The ATS
claims that Yasin Bhatkal, one of the main accused, had
participated in the function.
ATS officials continued Taquee`s questioning today and
inquired about his whereabouts before and after three blasts
ripped at Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House in south Mumbai and at
Dadar in central Mumbai on July 13, 2011. The blasts killed
over 25 people and injured several others, the sources said.
Taquee`s counsel Sanjay Khanna said his client was
completely cooperating with probe agency but wondered why the
ATS was hiding facts. "Initially the ATS claimed that he is
required as witness in one case and now they are recording his
statement in every case.
"We have no issues from recording as many as statements
but let the ATS be clear as to what they want," Khanna, who is
contesting the petition in Apex court, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why