ATS to seek Jundal`s custody after Delhi Police finish probe
Mumbai: Maharashtra ATS would seek the custody of 26/11 Mumbai attacks handler Abu Jundal after Delhi Police finish their probe, State Home Minister R R Patil said on Thursday.
Claiming that prisons in Maharashtra are safe, Patil dismissed reports that Delhi Police objected to the security arrangements for Jundal.
"I have not come across any reports that they (Delhi Police) have raised objection, saying prisons are not secure in Maharashtra," he said.
If any particular agency arrests a person they first conduct a probe, he said. After they finish the probe, we will file an application to seek his custody, Patil said.
"Just because of the Pune incident, it is wrong to say that prisons in Maharashtra are unsafe," Patil said, referring to the killing of suspected Indian Mujahideen operative Mohammad Qateel Siddiqui, in Pune`s Yerwada Central Jail earlier this month.
"A terrorist like Kasab is also safe in our jail," he told reporters after a high-level meeting here.
Commenting on the terror angle emanating from Marathawada region, Patil said the perception that Marathwada is the beehive of terror acts is wrong.
"It is wrong to link the entire region with terror- related activities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested