ATS to shift Pune blast accused to Nashik court
Nashik: The Chief Judicial Magistrate here
has granted permission to the ATS to transfer the prime
accused of Pune`s German Bakery blast, Himayat Baig, to the
district court for identification parade of another accused
Shaikh Lalba alias Bilal.
The Anti-Terrorism Squad had moved an application on
Monday seeking permission to transfer Baig to Nashik for
identification parade of Bilal, arrested from the district on
September 7, prosecutor Ajay Misar said.
The court has granted permission and also issued a
warrant to Pune central jail, where Baig is presently lodged
under judicial custody, he said.
The ATS have so far recovered 750 gram of RDX,
detonators, photographs of Nashik district and hard disc data
of different cyber cafes from Bilal.
Bilal allegedly used cyber cafes in Nashik and other
places to send information to Pakistan`s Lashkar-e-Toiba, of
which the accused is a member.
Bilal is presently under judicial custody till October
15, Misar added.
The terror attack that took place at the Pune eatery
on February 13 claimed 17 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH