`Attack` if asked to pay toll: MNS chief Raj Thackeray
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Soon after Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray instructed workers to “oppose” if asked to pay toll, several toll booths were reportedly vandalized by the party activists in Mumbai.
The toll plazas at Dahisar Check Post, Kalyan, Airoli and Thane were reportedly attacked on Sunday with party workers vandalising the toll booths on Sunday.
Party legislator Pravin Darekar and at least 25 others were detained at Dahisar after party workers attacked a toll plaza.
Meanwhile, Maharshtra DGP has said that FIRs have been registered wherever toll plaza booths have been vandalised, as per an English news channel.
The instruction from the MNS chief asked party workers and people to “oppose” and “attack” if asked to pay toll tax in Maharashtra.
"Aadve aale tar tudvun kadha" (if anyone raises a voice, thrash them). Unless you are told why toll is being levied, no one will pay," Thackeray told party workers at a function in Navi Mumbai last night, as per PTI report.
Following the attacks on the toll booth, security has been strengthened across the state.
Earlier this month, four toll plaza booths were vandalized in Kolhapur after dispute over collection of toll tariff.
Shiv Sena workers have reportedly stated that the toll should not be paid as the roads are poorly constructed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics