`Attack` if asked to pay toll: MNS chief Raj Thackeray
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Soon after Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray instructed workers to “oppose” if asked to pay toll, several toll booths were reportedly vandalized by the party activists in Mumbai.
The toll plazas at Dahisar Check Post, Kalyan, Airoli and Thane were reportedly attacked on Sunday with party workers vandalising the toll booths on Sunday.
Party legislator Pravin Darekar and at least 25 others were detained at Dahisar after party workers attacked a toll plaza.
Meanwhile, Maharshtra DGP has said that FIRs have been registered wherever toll plaza booths have been vandalised, as per an English news channel.
The instruction from the MNS chief asked party workers and people to “oppose” and “attack” if asked to pay toll tax in Maharashtra.
"Aadve aale tar tudvun kadha" (if anyone raises a voice, thrash them). Unless you are told why toll is being levied, no one will pay," Thackeray told party workers at a function in Navi Mumbai last night, as per PTI report.
Following the attacks on the toll booth, security has been strengthened across the state.
Earlier this month, four toll plaza booths were vandalized in Kolhapur after dispute over collection of toll tariff.
Shiv Sena workers have reportedly stated that the toll should not be paid as the roads are poorly constructed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog