`Attack` if asked to pay toll: MNS chief Raj Thackeray
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Soon after Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray instructed workers to “oppose” if asked to pay toll, several toll booths were reportedly vandalized by the party activists in Mumbai.
The toll plazas at Dahisar Check Post, Kalyan, Airoli and Thane were reportedly attacked on Sunday with party workers vandalising the toll booths on Sunday.
Party legislator Pravin Darekar and at least 25 others were detained at Dahisar after party workers attacked a toll plaza.
Meanwhile, Maharshtra DGP has said that FIRs have been registered wherever toll plaza booths have been vandalised, as per an English news channel.
The instruction from the MNS chief asked party workers and people to “oppose” and “attack” if asked to pay toll tax in Maharashtra.
"Aadve aale tar tudvun kadha" (if anyone raises a voice, thrash them). Unless you are told why toll is being levied, no one will pay," Thackeray told party workers at a function in Navi Mumbai last night, as per PTI report.
Following the attacks on the toll booth, security has been strengthened across the state.
Earlier this month, four toll plaza booths were vandalized in Kolhapur after dispute over collection of toll tariff.
Shiv Sena workers have reportedly stated that the toll should not be paid as the roads are poorly constructed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27