Attack in Thane village, one injured
Thane: One person was seriously injured when some people of a particular community allegedly attacked villagers near Kalyan township in Thane district, police said.
A police force comprising SRPF and the RAF was rushed to the spot and the situation was under control, they said.
This morning, a mob of people of a community hurled stones on villagers of Atali in which one person sustained injuries, police said adding that he has been admitted to a local hospital.
Following the incident, Atali observed a bandh. An offence has been registered against the mob under relevant sections, though no one was arrested so far in this connection, police said.
The reason behind the attack was yet to be ascertained, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users