Attack on MNS MLA a sub-judice matter: RR Patil
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil today told the Legislative Assembly that the attack on MNS MLA Harshwardhan Jadhav by policemen two years ago was a sub-judice matter and the next hearing was slated for April 6.
Making a statement in the lower house, Patil said witnesses could not be produced in the court so far. After the beating of the MLA, an FIR had been filed and the police report had been rejected by the court.
Jadhav, an MLA from Kannad in Aurangabad district, was beaten up by the police two years ago in his constituency.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil said he had discussed the matter with the Home Minister and the state DGP Sanjiv Dayal.
"Since the matter is sub-judice, the house need not interfere in it. Let`s wait for April 6 hearing and see the outcome," he said.
Against the backdrop of the arrest of the two MLAs for beating a policeman last week on the Assembly premises, Jadhav had asked yesterday why the policemen in his case, who were booked under section 307 (attempt to murder), were still scot-free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days