Attack on MNS MLA a sub-judice matter: RR Patil
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil today told the Legislative Assembly that the attack on MNS MLA Harshwardhan Jadhav by policemen two years ago was a sub-judice matter and the next hearing was slated for April 6.
Making a statement in the lower house, Patil said witnesses could not be produced in the court so far. After the beating of the MLA, an FIR had been filed and the police report had been rejected by the court.
Jadhav, an MLA from Kannad in Aurangabad district, was beaten up by the police two years ago in his constituency.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil said he had discussed the matter with the Home Minister and the state DGP Sanjiv Dayal.
"Since the matter is sub-judice, the house need not interfere in it. Let`s wait for April 6 hearing and see the outcome," he said.
Against the backdrop of the arrest of the two MLAs for beating a policeman last week on the Assembly premises, Jadhav had asked yesterday why the policemen in his case, who were booked under section 307 (attempt to murder), were still scot-free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire