Attack on MNS MLA a sub-judice matter: RR Patil
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil today told the Legislative Assembly that the attack on MNS MLA Harshwardhan Jadhav by policemen two years ago was a sub-judice matter and the next hearing was slated for April 6.
Making a statement in the lower house, Patil said witnesses could not be produced in the court so far. After the beating of the MLA, an FIR had been filed and the police report had been rejected by the court.
Jadhav, an MLA from Kannad in Aurangabad district, was beaten up by the police two years ago in his constituency.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil said he had discussed the matter with the Home Minister and the state DGP Sanjiv Dayal.
"Since the matter is sub-judice, the house need not interfere in it. Let`s wait for April 6 hearing and see the outcome," he said.
Against the backdrop of the arrest of the two MLAs for beating a policeman last week on the Assembly premises, Jadhav had asked yesterday why the policemen in his case, who were booked under section 307 (attempt to murder), were still scot-free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents