Attack on MNS MLA a sub-judice matter: RR Patil
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil today told the Legislative Assembly that the attack on MNS MLA Harshwardhan Jadhav by policemen two years ago was a sub-judice matter and the next hearing was slated for April 6.
Making a statement in the lower house, Patil said witnesses could not be produced in the court so far. After the beating of the MLA, an FIR had been filed and the police report had been rejected by the court.
Jadhav, an MLA from Kannad in Aurangabad district, was beaten up by the police two years ago in his constituency.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil said he had discussed the matter with the Home Minister and the state DGP Sanjiv Dayal.
"Since the matter is sub-judice, the house need not interfere in it. Let`s wait for April 6 hearing and see the outcome," he said.
Against the backdrop of the arrest of the two MLAs for beating a policeman last week on the Assembly premises, Jadhav had asked yesterday why the policemen in his case, who were booked under section 307 (attempt to murder), were still scot-free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks
- Pokemon Go fever fading in United States