Attempt to murder case against Maharashtra minister Rane`s son
Mumbai: An attempt to murder case was on Thursday registered against Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane`s son Nitesh on a complaint by an activist of an NGO run by the latter, police said.
Chintu Sheikh, a member of the NGO Swabhiman Sangathana, alleged that he was shot at by the Congress politician`s son, injuring him on his jaw, Senior Inspector Ashok Jadhav of Powai police station said.
The victim said Nitesh fired at him in his office in suburban Khar this afternoon following an altercation. He was admitted to a hospital in Powai, Jadhav said.
"An FIR has been registered under IPC 307 (attempt to murder) against Nitesh Rane on a complaint by Chintu Sheikh," he said, adding further probe was on.
When contacted, Nitesh declined to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'