Attempt to murder case against Maharashtra minister Rane`s son
Mumbai: An attempt to murder case was on Thursday registered against Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane`s son Nitesh on a complaint by an activist of an NGO run by the latter, police said.
Chintu Sheikh, a member of the NGO Swabhiman Sangathana, alleged that he was shot at by the Congress politician`s son, injuring him on his jaw, Senior Inspector Ashok Jadhav of Powai police station said.
The victim said Nitesh fired at him in his office in suburban Khar this afternoon following an altercation. He was admitted to a hospital in Powai, Jadhav said.
"An FIR has been registered under IPC 307 (attempt to murder) against Nitesh Rane on a complaint by Chintu Sheikh," he said, adding further probe was on.
When contacted, Nitesh declined to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi