Attempt to murder case against Maharashtra minister Rane`s son
Mumbai: An attempt to murder case was on Thursday registered against Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane`s son Nitesh on a complaint by an activist of an NGO run by the latter, police said.
Chintu Sheikh, a member of the NGO Swabhiman Sangathana, alleged that he was shot at by the Congress politician`s son, injuring him on his jaw, Senior Inspector Ashok Jadhav of Powai police station said.
The victim said Nitesh fired at him in his office in suburban Khar this afternoon following an altercation. He was admitted to a hospital in Powai, Jadhav said.
"An FIR has been registered under IPC 307 (attempt to murder) against Nitesh Rane on a complaint by Chintu Sheikh," he said, adding further probe was on.
When contacted, Nitesh declined to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family