Attempt to tear woman apart for dowry in Aurangabad
Aurangabad: A husband and in-laws of a
woman allegedly tried to tear her into two by pulling her legs
apart, police said.
The in-laws and the husband have been booked and the
woman is hospitalised.
The incident took place in Haarashangar locality of
the city yesterday night. City Chowk police said that Shabana
Fatima, resident of Rahemaniya Colony was married to Shaikh
Abbas two years ago. She was consistently tortured as she
could not bring cash of Rs 20,000 demanded as dowry by her
husband and in-laws.
While she was fast asleep in her house, her husband,
mother-in-law and sister-in-law started pulling her legs apart
for tearing her into two pieces. She screamed and the
neighbours came to her rescue. She had been admitted to the
government medical college and hospital and a case is
registered with the City Chowk police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!