Auto driver arrested for setting ablaze traffic cop in Vasai
Mumbai: An auto driver, who allegedly set ablaze a traffic police constable after being
fined for traffic violation at Vasai in neighbouring Thane district, was on Thursday arrested.
Auto driver Mahendra Kevat was arrested from Keravali area in Vasai in the wee hours, a police official from Manikpur police station said.
Constable Anil Aitodekar was yesterday allegedly set on fire by Kevat when the former had taken action against the auto driver for not following traffic norms.
The victim, who sustained 50 percent burns, is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it