Auto driver arrested for setting ablaze traffic cop in Vasai
Mumbai: An auto driver, who allegedly set ablaze a traffic police constable after being
fined for traffic violation at Vasai in neighbouring Thane district, was on Thursday arrested.
Auto driver Mahendra Kevat was arrested from Keravali area in Vasai in the wee hours, a police official from Manikpur police station said.
Constable Anil Aitodekar was yesterday allegedly set on fire by Kevat when the former had taken action against the auto driver for not following traffic norms.
The victim, who sustained 50 percent burns, is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living