Auto driver arrested for setting ablaze traffic cop in Vasai
Mumbai: An auto driver, who allegedly set ablaze a traffic police constable after being
fined for traffic violation at Vasai in neighbouring Thane district, was on Thursday arrested.
Auto driver Mahendra Kevat was arrested from Keravali area in Vasai in the wee hours, a police official from Manikpur police station said.
Constable Anil Aitodekar was yesterday allegedly set on fire by Kevat when the former had taken action against the auto driver for not following traffic norms.
The victim, who sustained 50 percent burns, is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof