Auto driver arrested for setting ablaze traffic cop in Vasai
Mumbai: An auto driver, who allegedly set ablaze a traffic police constable after being
fined for traffic violation at Vasai in neighbouring Thane district, was on Thursday arrested.
Auto driver Mahendra Kevat was arrested from Keravali area in Vasai in the wee hours, a police official from Manikpur police station said.
Constable Anil Aitodekar was yesterday allegedly set on fire by Kevat when the former had taken action against the auto driver for not following traffic norms.
The victim, who sustained 50 percent burns, is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony