Auto driver arrested for setting ablaze traffic cop in Vasai
Mumbai: An auto driver, who allegedly set ablaze a traffic police constable after being
fined for traffic violation at Vasai in neighbouring Thane district, was on Thursday arrested.
Auto driver Mahendra Kevat was arrested from Keravali area in Vasai in the wee hours, a police official from Manikpur police station said.
Constable Anil Aitodekar was yesterday allegedly set on fire by Kevat when the former had taken action against the auto driver for not following traffic norms.
The victim, who sustained 50 percent burns, is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj