Auto driver who carried Kejriwal from airport fined
Mumbai: Police on Wednesday fined the driver of the autorickshaw, which ferried AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal to suburban Andheri railway station from airport, for violation of the Motor Vehicle Act by carrying more than three passengers.
After landing here, Kejriwal boarded the autorickshaw to travel a five-km distance to the railway station from where he took a local train to reach Churchgate railway station in South Mumbai.
Additional Commissioner of Police Quaiser Khalid said the auto driver was fined for carrying more than three passengers in the vehicle.
"Since there is a violation of Motor Vehicle Act, we have taken action against the errant driver and fined him accordingly," Khalid said.
According to sources, police also slapped a fine on those autos which were part of Kejriwal`s convoy under the same provision.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?