Auto driver who carried Kejriwal from airport fined
Mumbai: Police on Wednesday fined the driver of the autorickshaw, which ferried AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal to suburban Andheri railway station from airport, for violation of the Motor Vehicle Act by carrying more than three passengers.
After landing here, Kejriwal boarded the autorickshaw to travel a five-km distance to the railway station from where he took a local train to reach Churchgate railway station in South Mumbai.
Additional Commissioner of Police Quaiser Khalid said the auto driver was fined for carrying more than three passengers in the vehicle.
"Since there is a violation of Motor Vehicle Act, we have taken action against the errant driver and fined him accordingly," Khalid said.
According to sources, police also slapped a fine on those autos which were part of Kejriwal`s convoy under the same provision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video