Auto driver who carried Kejriwal from airport fined
Mumbai: Police on Wednesday fined the driver of the autorickshaw, which ferried AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal to suburban Andheri railway station from airport, for violation of the Motor Vehicle Act by carrying more than three passengers.
After landing here, Kejriwal boarded the autorickshaw to travel a five-km distance to the railway station from where he took a local train to reach Churchgate railway station in South Mumbai.
Additional Commissioner of Police Quaiser Khalid said the auto driver was fined for carrying more than three passengers in the vehicle.
"Since there is a violation of Motor Vehicle Act, we have taken action against the errant driver and fined him accordingly," Khalid said.
According to sources, police also slapped a fine on those autos which were part of Kejriwal`s convoy under the same provision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1