Autos keep off roads in Mumbai
Mumbai: A section of auto rickshaws in the
metropolis kept off roads to demand a fare hike causing
inconvenience to office goers in the morning rush hour.
Members of the Mumbai Autorickshaw Men`s Union led by
trade unionist Sharad Rao also staged protests near the
Transport Commissioner`s office in suburban Bandra for their
Autorickshawmen participated in a rally to the State
Transport Commissioner`s office causing traffic snarls along
the Western Express Highway.
Sharad Rao, however, maintained that he did not call for
a strike but had asked autorickshaw drivers to participate in
the protest march.
Rao`s union has been demanding more share autos in the
suburbs, pre-paid autos outside Borivali, Bandra Terminus and
Lokmanya Tilak Terminus and also at the airport.
The latest agitation by auto drivers comes few days
after a flash strike by rogue rickshaw drivers who were
protesting against the RTO drive against tampered meters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`
- Pokemon Go debuts in the country where Pokemon was born!