Autos keep off roads in Mumbai
Mumbai: A section of auto rickshaws in the
metropolis kept off roads to demand a fare hike causing
inconvenience to office goers in the morning rush hour.
Members of the Mumbai Autorickshaw Men`s Union led by
trade unionist Sharad Rao also staged protests near the
Transport Commissioner`s office in suburban Bandra for their
Autorickshawmen participated in a rally to the State
Transport Commissioner`s office causing traffic snarls along
the Western Express Highway.
Sharad Rao, however, maintained that he did not call for
a strike but had asked autorickshaw drivers to participate in
the protest march.
Rao`s union has been demanding more share autos in the
suburbs, pre-paid autos outside Borivali, Bandra Terminus and
Lokmanya Tilak Terminus and also at the airport.
The latest agitation by auto drivers comes few days
after a flash strike by rogue rickshaw drivers who were
protesting against the RTO drive against tampered meters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire