Autos keep off roads in Mumbai
Mumbai: A section of auto rickshaws in the
metropolis kept off roads to demand a fare hike causing
inconvenience to office goers in the morning rush hour.
Members of the Mumbai Autorickshaw Men`s Union led by
trade unionist Sharad Rao also staged protests near the
Transport Commissioner`s office in suburban Bandra for their
Autorickshawmen participated in a rally to the State
Transport Commissioner`s office causing traffic snarls along
the Western Express Highway.
Sharad Rao, however, maintained that he did not call for
a strike but had asked autorickshaw drivers to participate in
the protest march.
Rao`s union has been demanding more share autos in the
suburbs, pre-paid autos outside Borivali, Bandra Terminus and
Lokmanya Tilak Terminus and also at the airport.
The latest agitation by auto drivers comes few days
after a flash strike by rogue rickshaw drivers who were
protesting against the RTO drive against tampered meters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida