Autos keep off roads in Mumbai
Mumbai: A section of auto rickshaws in the
metropolis kept off roads to demand a fare hike causing
inconvenience to office goers in the morning rush hour.
Members of the Mumbai Autorickshaw Men`s Union led by
trade unionist Sharad Rao also staged protests near the
Transport Commissioner`s office in suburban Bandra for their
Autorickshawmen participated in a rally to the State
Transport Commissioner`s office causing traffic snarls along
the Western Express Highway.
Sharad Rao, however, maintained that he did not call for
a strike but had asked autorickshaw drivers to participate in
the protest march.
Rao`s union has been demanding more share autos in the
suburbs, pre-paid autos outside Borivali, Bandra Terminus and
Lokmanya Tilak Terminus and also at the airport.
The latest agitation by auto drivers comes few days
after a flash strike by rogue rickshaw drivers who were
protesting against the RTO drive against tampered meters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert