Autos keep off roads in Mumbai
Mumbai: A section of auto rickshaws in the
metropolis kept off roads to demand a fare hike causing
inconvenience to office goers in the morning rush hour.
Members of the Mumbai Autorickshaw Men`s Union led by
trade unionist Sharad Rao also staged protests near the
Transport Commissioner`s office in suburban Bandra for their
Autorickshawmen participated in a rally to the State
Transport Commissioner`s office causing traffic snarls along
the Western Express Highway.
Sharad Rao, however, maintained that he did not call for
a strike but had asked autorickshaw drivers to participate in
the protest march.
Rao`s union has been demanding more share autos in the
suburbs, pre-paid autos outside Borivali, Bandra Terminus and
Lokmanya Tilak Terminus and also at the airport.
The latest agitation by auto drivers comes few days
after a flash strike by rogue rickshaw drivers who were
protesting against the RTO drive against tampered meters.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why