Aware of sentiments on heritage list: Chavan to Uddhav
Mumbai: Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today said he was aware of public sentiments on the issue of sites proposed in heritage list, and assured Shiv Sena that the government would take a final call only after consulting municipal commissioner and the heritage committee.
Speaking to the delegation, led by Shiv Sena leader Uddhav Thackeray at the state government`s Sahyadri guest house in south Mumbai, Chavan said "an appropriate decision would be taken based on written recommendations from the commissioner and the heritage committee."
Thackeray informed the chief minister that several residential buildings have been included in the list of proposed heritage sites, prepared by the committee.
People want changes in the list as inclusion in it would pose problems like repairs and redevelopment of buildings, the Sena leader said.
The heritage committee`s proposal to add 868 new structures, sites and precincts to the list of heritage properties has met with opposition from both Shiv Sena and MNS.
The list, uploaded on the civic body`s website, will be reviewed based on the suggestions of the public. The finalised list will then be sent to the state government for approval.
Both the parties, which have their headquarters in Dadar, expressed dissatisfaction over the proposal to declare the Shivaji Park area as a grade-I heritage structure.
This includes structures within 300 metres of the Park, and may also include MNS chief Raj Thackeray`s residence `Krishnakunj`, next to the park. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 open sale to begin at 2 pm on May 25
- Beware! Your bread may cause cancer - Chemicals found in pizzas, burgers of seven Delhi fast food outlets
- Celine Dion dedicates Billboard Icon Award to late husband
- Video alert! Here's how Karan Singh Grover surprised Bipasha Basu on their wedding day
- Adele’s new song 'Send My Love' is so psychedelic that you'll break your replay button – Watch here