Azad condoles death of Maha Congress MLA
Mumbai: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Monday condoled the death of Congress MLA from Yavatmal Nilesh Parwekar.
"Parwekar`s death has left a void in socio-political arena of Maharashtra in general and Vidarbha in particular," Azad said in a statement issued here.
Parwekar (44) was killed in a car mishap near Yavatmal in east Maharashtra last night. He was cremated in Yavatmal today.
"Nilesh Parwekar was a dynamic political personality who had made valuable contribution to public life. Congress had lost a promising young leader and a highly-motivated human being who was always willing to help others in the need of the hour," Azad said.
"Nilesh was a man of proven organisational abilities and as an MLA left his imprint on every nook and corner of his constituency", he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference