Azad condoles death of Maha Congress MLA
Mumbai: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Monday condoled the death of Congress MLA from Yavatmal Nilesh Parwekar.
"Parwekar`s death has left a void in socio-political arena of Maharashtra in general and Vidarbha in particular," Azad said in a statement issued here.
Parwekar (44) was killed in a car mishap near Yavatmal in east Maharashtra last night. He was cremated in Yavatmal today.
"Nilesh Parwekar was a dynamic political personality who had made valuable contribution to public life. Congress had lost a promising young leader and a highly-motivated human being who was always willing to help others in the need of the hour," Azad said.
"Nilesh was a man of proven organisational abilities and as an MLA left his imprint on every nook and corner of his constituency", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'