Azad condoles death of Maha Congress MLA
Mumbai: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Monday condoled the death of Congress MLA from Yavatmal Nilesh Parwekar.
"Parwekar`s death has left a void in socio-political arena of Maharashtra in general and Vidarbha in particular," Azad said in a statement issued here.
Parwekar (44) was killed in a car mishap near Yavatmal in east Maharashtra last night. He was cremated in Yavatmal today.
"Nilesh Parwekar was a dynamic political personality who had made valuable contribution to public life. Congress had lost a promising young leader and a highly-motivated human being who was always willing to help others in the need of the hour," Azad said.
"Nilesh was a man of proven organisational abilities and as an MLA left his imprint on every nook and corner of his constituency", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire