Azad condoles death of Maha Congress MLA
Mumbai: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Monday condoled the death of Congress MLA from Yavatmal Nilesh Parwekar.
"Parwekar`s death has left a void in socio-political arena of Maharashtra in general and Vidarbha in particular," Azad said in a statement issued here.
Parwekar (44) was killed in a car mishap near Yavatmal in east Maharashtra last night. He was cremated in Yavatmal today.
"Nilesh Parwekar was a dynamic political personality who had made valuable contribution to public life. Congress had lost a promising young leader and a highly-motivated human being who was always willing to help others in the need of the hour," Azad said.
"Nilesh was a man of proven organisational abilities and as an MLA left his imprint on every nook and corner of his constituency", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman