Azad condoles death of Maha Congress MLA
Mumbai: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Monday condoled the death of Congress MLA from Yavatmal Nilesh Parwekar.
"Parwekar`s death has left a void in socio-political arena of Maharashtra in general and Vidarbha in particular," Azad said in a statement issued here.
Parwekar (44) was killed in a car mishap near Yavatmal in east Maharashtra last night. He was cremated in Yavatmal today.
"Nilesh Parwekar was a dynamic political personality who had made valuable contribution to public life. Congress had lost a promising young leader and a highly-motivated human being who was always willing to help others in the need of the hour," Azad said.
"Nilesh was a man of proven organisational abilities and as an MLA left his imprint on every nook and corner of his constituency", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations