Azad Maidan violence: 57 charged with murder
Mumbai: Murder charges have been reportedly retained against the 57 protestors involved in the Azad Maidan violence on August 11 in the chargesheet filed by Mumbai police on Friday.
Mumbai police decided not to drop the murder charges in its 3,384 page chargesheet after the postmortem report of the victims stated that they suffered from bullet injuries, as per reports.
Two youths were killed and 52, including 44 policemen, injured on August 11 when a rally called to protest alleged atrocities on Muslims in Assam and Myanmar turned violent. The protesters went on a rampage, attacking police, media persons and vehicles.
A sessions court on Tuesday granted bail to 14 accused in custody for their alleged role in the Azad Maidan violence on August 11.
The court had last week granted similar relief to 14 accused while the Bombay High Court gave bail to four accused in this connection.
Five of the 63 persons were earlier discharged after police found that there was no case against them.
(With PTI Inputs)
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Nirbhaya-like rape in Kerala: Victim had 38-wounds on her body, says autopsy
- Hardik Patel doesn't get bail
- China sends advanced warships to contested S China Sea
- China sends advanced warships to contested south China Sea
- Gautam Khaitan admits to setting up firm through which Agusta bribe money was routed: Sources