Azad Maidan violence: Court rejects bail to 2 accused
Mumbai: A local court on Monday rejected the bail applications of two accused in custody for their alleged role in riots at Azad Maidan on August 11.
Magistrate PS Rathod declined to grant the relief to Salim Chaukia and Faisal Hussain who are accused of snatching a gun from police and torching a media van respectively when the mob, attending the rally in South Mumbai to condemn alleged attacks on Muslims in Assam and Myanmar, turned violent.
A sessions court had last week granted bail to 14 accused who were arrested for their alleged role in the riots.
Five of the 63 persons were earlier discharged after police found that there was no case against them.
Two youths were killed and 52 people, including 44 policemen, injured on August 11 when the protesters attending the rally went on the rampage, attacking police, media persons and torching vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015