Azmi alleges deal between Cong, saffron parties
Mumbai: Alleging that Congress has an
"understanding" with Shiv Sena and BJP, Samajwadi Party (SP)
leader Abu Asim Azmi on Saturday said that his party would not
support the saffron combine in the Brihanmumbai Municipal
"There seems to be an understanding between Congress
and Shiv Sena that while the Congress-NCP will run the state
government, the saffron parties will govern the Mumbai civic
body," Azmi said in a press conference today.
When asked whether his party, which won nine seats,
out of the 118 in Mumbai, would support the Shiv Sena-BJP
combine, Azmi said, "SP and Shiv Sena are two parallel lines,
which will never meet. Our party will not support Shiv Sena."
The SP MLA held Congress responsible for "eating
his party`s votebank. "At some places, we lost by merely 150
votes," Azmi said.
The SP leader said that when he exercised his
franchise on Thursday, he himself had no other option but to
vote for Congress, as SP had not fielded any candidate from
that area. "I did not want to vote for Congress, but I had to,
because I neither wanted to go for Shiv Sena, nor the MNS," he
Congratulating his rival Raj Thackeray`s Maharashtra
Navnirman Sena (MNS), which bagged 28 seats in Mumbai, Azmi
said, "Raj has become big with the support of Congress."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!