Azmi challenges Raj to find Bangladeshis; offers Rs 2 crore
Mumbai: Samajwadi Party leader Abu Asim Azmi on Wednesday offered Rs two crore to MNS chief Raj Thackeray if he substantiates his allegation about Bangladeshi voters in the Assembly constituency from where he won the poll.
"Raj Thackeray says there are lakhs of Bangladeshis in my constituency. I will give Rs 2 crore if he shows even one lakh Bangladeshis and Pakistanis in Bhiwandi," Azmi said at a press conference here.
Azmi even displayed the Rs two crore cheque on the occasion.
"I will quit politics if his charge is proved. If he fails, he will have to quit," Azmi said, accusing the MNS chief of playing politics by fooling Marathi people.
"Raj has abused me. Even I can hurl abuse, but my tehzeeb doesn`t allow it," Azmi said. The MNS morcha here yesterday was taken out without permission and police should act against the organisers, he said.
Azmi congratulated Mumbai police commissioner Arup Patnaik for displaying "restraint" while tackling the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan.
"The drug mafia was behind that violence. The culprits joined the protest morcha later," he said.
On Raj Thackeray displaying a purported Bangladeshi passport at the rally yesterday, Azmi said, "The throwing of passport should be inquired into. It is a serious offence."
"Raj Thackeray is against Dalits and Muslims. His Hindutva face has come to the fore," Azmi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside