Azmi challenges Raj to find Bangladeshis; offers Rs 2 crore
Mumbai: Samajwadi Party leader Abu Asim Azmi on Wednesday offered Rs 2 crore to MNS chief Raj Thackeray if he substantiates his allegation about Bangladeshi voters in the Assembly constituency from where he won the poll.
"Raj Thackeray says there are lakhs of Bangladeshis in my constituency. I will give Rs 2 crore if he shows even one lakh Bangladeshis and Pakistanis in Bhiwandi," Azmi told a press conference here.
Azmi even displayed the Rs two crore cheque on the occasion.
"I will quit politics if his charge is proved. If he fails, he will have to quit," Azmi said, accusing the MNS chief of playing politics by fooling Marathi people.
"Raj has abused me. Even I can hurl abuse, but my tehzeeb doesn`t allow it," Azmi said. The MNS morcha here yesterday was taken out without permission and police should act against the organisers, he said.
Azmi congratulated Mumbai police commissioner Arup Patnaik for displaying "restraint" while tackling the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan.
"The drug mafia was behind that violence. The culprits joined the protest morcha later," he said.
On Raj Thackeray displaying a purported Bangladeshi passport at the rally yesterday, Azmi said, "The throwing of passport should be inquired into. It is a serious offence."
"Raj Thackeray is against Dalits and Muslims. His hindutva face has come to the fore," Azmi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH