Azmi defends Mulund blast accused
Mumbai: Samajwadi Party leader and MLA Abu
Asim Azmi on Tuesday came in defence of Wazhul Kamar Khan, an
accused in March 2003 Mulund local train blast.
"ATS alleged to have found ammunition and a pistol in
possession of Khan. However, his relatives claimed that he did
not posses any arms," Azmi told reporters here.
Azmi said he would be meeting ATS chief Rakesh Maria
and explain him the real situation.
Khan, who is a suspect in three cases of bomb blasts
during 2002-03 in the metropolis, was arrested by ATS early
this month in suburban Kurla.
Khan`s relative, Abdul Wahid, who was also detained by
the police, said that Khan is innocent. "He was only having Rs
160, copy of a newspaper and his wrist watch but no arms or
ammunition when arrested," he said.
ATS claimed that Rs four lakh were deposited on five
occasions, before the blasts in the metropolis, in the account
of Khan for his assistance in carrying out the blasts.
Khan, a suspect activist of banned outfit SIMI, was
wanted in the bomb blast in the first class compartment of a
local train at Mulund station. He is also suspected to be
involved in the explosions near a shopping complex outside
Vile Parle railway station on January 27, 2003 and McDonald`s
outlet at Mumbai Central suburban station on December 6, 2002,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself