Bad weather shuts Mumbai airport briefly
Mumbai: A day after the city witnessed a fresh wave of terror, operations at Mumbai`s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport were on Thursday briefly suspended due to low visibility following heavy rains.
Seven incoming flights and 10 departures were affected between 11.10 a.m. and 11.23 a.m. as visibility dropped to 350 metres. But the flights gradually resumed after the weather improved, an official said.
Mumbai has been receiving heavy rains the past two days, disrupting road, rail and air traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened