Bag containing ganja found at Shirdi shrine
Shirdi: An unattended bag lying at the main entrance of Sai Bhakta Niwas, a residential facility for devotees on the temple premises at Shirdi, was found to contain ganja.
Panic gripped people in the premises this afternoon when an employee of the Shirdi Saibaba Trust spotted the suitcase, following which the Bomb Detection Squad was summoned, police said.
The bag had 10 kgs ganja, valued at Rs one lakh, they said.
Shirdi shrine is teeming with devotees following the Ram Navmi celebrations on April 18 and extended weekend.
Local police are investigating the matter further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire