Bag containing ganja found at Shirdi shrine
Shirdi: An unattended bag lying at the main entrance of Sai Bhakta Niwas, a residential facility for devotees on the temple premises at Shirdi, was found to contain ganja.
Panic gripped people in the premises this afternoon when an employee of the Shirdi Saibaba Trust spotted the suitcase, following which the Bomb Detection Squad was summoned, police said.
The bag had 10 kgs ganja, valued at Rs one lakh, they said.
Shirdi shrine is teeming with devotees following the Ram Navmi celebrations on April 18 and extended weekend.
Local police are investigating the matter further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price