Bag containing ganja found at Shirdi shrine
Shirdi: An unattended bag lying at the main entrance of Sai Bhakta Niwas, a residential facility for devotees on the temple premises at Shirdi, was found to contain ganja.
Panic gripped people in the premises this afternoon when an employee of the Shirdi Saibaba Trust spotted the suitcase, following which the Bomb Detection Squad was summoned, police said.
The bag had 10 kgs ganja, valued at Rs one lakh, they said.
Shirdi shrine is teeming with devotees following the Ram Navmi celebrations on April 18 and extended weekend.
Local police are investigating the matter further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next