Bail plea of Kalegaon radio blast accused rejected
Beed (Mah): Ambajogai Additional Sessions court in the district has rejected the bail plea of the two accused in Kalegaon `radio-bomb` case.
Judge U L Telgaonkar yesterday rejected the bail applications of Aaba alias Munjaba Rajebhau Giri and Datta Jadhav.
Om Nimbalkar, a bus conductor, found a radio set on Mumbai-Ambejogai state transport bus on November 30, 2012. When he tried to replace the battery at his house in Kalegaon, it exploded, seriously injuring him, his wife, mother and two-year-old son.
Investigation revealed that Giri, who wanted to settle a score with Gopinath Tarkase of Kendrewadi village over an old dispute, had planted the rigged radio set with the intention of framing up the latter.
Giri had hoped that the set would be found by the police and traced back to Tarkase.
Jadhav had allegedly provided gelatin sticks to Giri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter