Bail plea of Kalegaon radio blast accused rejected
Beed (Mah): Ambajogai Additional Sessions court in the district has rejected the bail plea of the two accused in Kalegaon `radio-bomb` case.
Judge U L Telgaonkar yesterday rejected the bail applications of Aaba alias Munjaba Rajebhau Giri and Datta Jadhav.
Om Nimbalkar, a bus conductor, found a radio set on Mumbai-Ambejogai state transport bus on November 30, 2012. When he tried to replace the battery at his house in Kalegaon, it exploded, seriously injuring him, his wife, mother and two-year-old son.
Investigation revealed that Giri, who wanted to settle a score with Gopinath Tarkase of Kendrewadi village over an old dispute, had planted the rigged radio set with the intention of framing up the latter.
Giri had hoped that the set would be found by the police and traced back to Tarkase.
Jadhav had allegedly provided gelatin sticks to Giri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city