Bail plea of Kalegaon radio blast accused rejected
Beed (Mah): Ambajogai Additional Sessions court in the district has rejected the bail plea of the two accused in Kalegaon `radio-bomb` case.
Judge U L Telgaonkar yesterday rejected the bail applications of Aaba alias Munjaba Rajebhau Giri and Datta Jadhav.
Om Nimbalkar, a bus conductor, found a radio set on Mumbai-Ambejogai state transport bus on November 30, 2012. When he tried to replace the battery at his house in Kalegaon, it exploded, seriously injuring him, his wife, mother and two-year-old son.
Investigation revealed that Giri, who wanted to settle a score with Gopinath Tarkase of Kendrewadi village over an old dispute, had planted the rigged radio set with the intention of framing up the latter.
Giri had hoped that the set would be found by the police and traced back to Tarkase.
Jadhav had allegedly provided gelatin sticks to Giri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack