Bail plea of Kalegaon radio blast accused rejected
Beed (Mah): Ambajogai Additional Sessions court in the district has rejected the bail plea of the two accused in Kalegaon `radio-bomb` case.
Judge U L Telgaonkar yesterday rejected the bail applications of Aaba alias Munjaba Rajebhau Giri and Datta Jadhav.
Om Nimbalkar, a bus conductor, found a radio set on Mumbai-Ambejogai state transport bus on November 30, 2012. When he tried to replace the battery at his house in Kalegaon, it exploded, seriously injuring him, his wife, mother and two-year-old son.
Investigation revealed that Giri, who wanted to settle a score with Gopinath Tarkase of Kendrewadi village over an old dispute, had planted the rigged radio set with the intention of framing up the latter.
Giri had hoped that the set would be found by the police and traced back to Tarkase.
Jadhav had allegedly provided gelatin sticks to Giri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP