Bail plea of Kalegaon radio blast accused rejected
Beed (Mah): Ambajogai Additional Sessions court in the district has rejected the bail plea of the two accused in Kalegaon `radio-bomb` case.
Judge U L Telgaonkar yesterday rejected the bail applications of Aaba alias Munjaba Rajebhau Giri and Datta Jadhav.
Om Nimbalkar, a bus conductor, found a radio set on Mumbai-Ambejogai state transport bus on November 30, 2012. When he tried to replace the battery at his house in Kalegaon, it exploded, seriously injuring him, his wife, mother and two-year-old son.
Investigation revealed that Giri, who wanted to settle a score with Gopinath Tarkase of Kendrewadi village over an old dispute, had planted the rigged radio set with the intention of framing up the latter.
Giri had hoped that the set would be found by the police and traced back to Tarkase.
Jadhav had allegedly provided gelatin sticks to Giri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill